Virginia based Sam Gleaves blew us away when we saw him supporting Peggy Seeger a while ago and we're delighted to be bringing him to E17.
Born and raised in southwest Virginia, Sam Gleaves performs innovative mountain music with a sense of history.
Sam carries on the ballads, dance music and storytelling he learned from numerous mentors in the Appalachian tradition including multi-instrumentalist Jim Lloyd and ballad singer Sheila Kay Adams. In 2015, Sam collaborated with producer Cathy Fink and released a debut record of original songs, titled Ain’t We Brothers, which has been featured by The Guardian, National Public Radio, No Depression, and The Bluegrass Situation.
"A stunning first album . . . I keep very few albums that I am given. This one’s a keeper." - Peggy Seeger
"One of the most beautiful albums I have heard in the last ten years . . . great songwriting, beautiful singing and brilliant musicianship." - Mike Harding
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/426434
- September 2018
- October 7: Delta Ladies ~ Hillbilly Trance...
- October 14: Dave Peabody & Regina Mudrich ~ An evening of blues and vaudeville songs.
- October 21: Rob Murch and Michelle Holding ~ A rare chance to hear a master banjo player and his star pupil.
- October 28: Green Diesel ~ Green Diesel are a proper folk-rock band of the old school.
- November 4: Intarsia ~ Sway, sing or just soak in the sounds...
- November 11: Armistice Centenary Special - Bob Fox ~ An evening with the Warhorse Songman.
- November 18: Whitechapel Noise - Politics, sex and religion in the Cockney-Yiddish music hall ~ Expect to laugh, cry, singalong and go blimey that's interesting...
- November 25: Trio Dhoore ~ Steamy folk music guaranteed by 3 brothers.
- December 2018