Damien Barber & Mike Wilson
Two of the finest exponents of Traditional Song in the United Kingdom.
Raised in Norfolk and heavily influenced by such earlier Norfolk singers as Walter Pardon and Peter Bellamy, Damien is a stylish and distinctive singer, either unaccompanied or using guitar or concertina. Though he has lived for a long time in West Yorkshire he retains a strong East Anglian identity.
Mike Wilson is the youngest member of the Wilson Family, the powerful Teesside singing siblings who have raised the rafters at many a festival or folk club event. His musical heritage is emphatically that of the North East – rural and industrial folk song both traditional and modern.
Damien and Mike have a rich shared repertoire of traditional songs plus the work of modern folk writers such as Bellamy, Ewan MacColl and Mike Waterson.
It's always a proper night when these two come to visit.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to https://www.wegottickets.com/event/459751
- September 2019
- October 6: Pat Lamanna & Steve Suffet present Pete & Woody - An Unlikely Friendship ~ Marking Pete Seeger's hundredth birthday with people who knew him.
- October 13: The Askew Sisters ~ Two of the foremost performers and interpreters of English folk music.
- October 20: Julie Felix ~ Legendary folk singer with a career stretching back to 1964.
- October 27: Andy Irvine ~ Never tire of the road.
- November 3: Hunter Muskett ~ Layers of acoustic guitars, a delicate beat and some lush vocal harmonising...
- November 10: Riley Baugus ~ Banjos, Ballads, Stories and Songs of the Southern Appalachians.
- November 17: Dana & Susan Robinson ~ Vivid songwriting and storytelling, with fiddle tunes and banjo grooves...
- November 24: Tommy Sands ~ Legendary singer, songwriter and social activist.
- December 1: Radical Yiddish politics in the songs of the 1880s with Vivi Lachs ~ An unforgettable multimedia presentation.
- December 8: Norfolk Broads ~ From dark tales of murder and seduction, to ballads of love and hope...
- December 15: Christmas Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune or a story to share.