Martin Simpson Trio
As our contribution to The Stow Festival we are delighted to present one of the biggest names on the global folk scene.
Widely acknowledged as one of the finest and most exciting guitarists in the world tonight Martin is hooking up with another great pal of the club in the shape of melodeon virtuoso Andy Cutting and percussionist Andy Seward for what promises to be one of the events of the year.
PLEASE NOTE Tonight’s club is at The Standard Music Venue and tickets are available in advance.
Admission £12 (£11 unwaged)
- January 2020
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.