Tim Edey is one of the world's finest guitarists and melodeon players – he also plays a variety of instruments to an astonishing level including piano, banjo and whistles. In addition to this Tim has a superb singing voice.
Tim's live solo shows are a stunning mix of world music inspired instrumental virtuosity and passion, audience chorus line, but above all Tim is a highly entertaining musical genius. He was BBC Radio 2 Musician of the Year 2012 at the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards (multi- instrumentalist and singer).
Artists Tim has worked with include: The Chieftains, Dougie Maclean, Christy Moore, Eddi Reader, Shane McGowan, Ry Cooder, Paul Brady, Sharon Shannon, Julie Fowlis, Capercaillie, Michael McGoldrick, Clive Carrol, Liam O'Maonlai (Hothouse Flowers), Ewan Vernal (Deacon Blue), Mary Black, Natalie MacMaster, Altan, Brendan Power, Mike Harding, Seamus Begley and Frankie Gavin – and so many more..... Tim has appeared on many occasions on Jools Holland plus many other International TV and Radio shows.
Tim’s concerts are a magical evening of contrasting genres of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music which he can adapt to suit the preferences of an audience. Beautiful chorus songs and Tim’s unique warm charisma ensures audience participation.
Admission £10 (£8 unwaged)
On the majority of club nights you will be able to pay on the door although we do put advance tickets on sale. On occasion demand will be very high and the evening may sell out in advance or there will be limited availabilty on the door. Please check the website regularly for the current position on specific evenings. For online tickets for this evening go to https://www.wegottickets.com/event/495689
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.
- April 5: Music Hall - it's evolution, growth and decline with John Cain ~ The story of the Music Hall
- Closed ~ Easter
- April 19: Moirai - Framed: The Alice Wheeldon Story ~ A 100 year old tale of fake news, family values and activism.
- April 26: Linda Allen & Kristin Allen-Zito ~ Powerful songs of hope and history, spirituality and death, love and whimsy.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- May 10: Melrose Quartet ~ A stunning quartet that will take the roof off the joint.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- May 31: Dan Walsh ~ Perhaps the best clawhammer banjo player in the country.
- June 7: Moor Music ~ Hardcore trad from the heart of Dartmoor.
- June 14: The Brothers Gillespie ~ Lyrical intensity and the sounds of soaring sibling harmony.
- June 21: Spring Singaround ~ Bring a song or a tune or maybe even a poem or a story to share.
- June 28: Street Party ~ Folk music, beer and ice cream!